Saturday, January 05, 2013

Spice 28, Philadelphia

On Christmas Eve, my wife and I went to Spice 28 on Chestnut Street because it was close to our hotel. At first we thought it was closed; the exterior wasn’t very inviting, but once we stepped inside it was a whole different story. This was no normal Thai restaurant but what they call Asian Fusion. The modern sleek design of the interior and the friendliness of the hostess made for a fine start to our dining experience.

It was our waiter’s first day on the job, so he had another waiter shadowing him, which meant we always had service. Appetizers were delicious (pot stickers and ahi tuna). For dinner I had the Tangerine Duck which was tangy and tasty. My wife had the tuna avocado salad.

The desserts were out of this world. I had the exotic bomba (mango, passion fruit and raspberry sherbet covered in white chocolate). My wife had the Coppa Strawberry and Caramel (vanilla ice cream with strawberries and caramel). They didn’t serve coffee but that was okay.

A very good dining experience for the holiday.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails