Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Simply Christmas by Robin Harper

Simply Christmas

My thoughts
This collection of Christmas songs are sung by vocalist Robin Harper and accompanied by pianist Marvin Goldstein. Simply Christmas is simply that. Robin Harper has a strong voice and sings these songs beautifully with a jazzy style. Yet, it is missing something. I felt as though I was listening to a lounge singer on a cruise ship. She is a good vocalist but not Broadway sensational. Still an enjoyable holiday album.

The songs on this CD are:
The Christmas Song - (Everybody's Waitin' For) The Man With the Bag - Grown-Up Christmas List - Oh Little Town of Bethlehem - White Christmas - Santa Baby - Mary Did You Know?) - I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day - I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Silent Night - (Reprise) The Christmas Song

Product Description
Simply Christmas is a simple voice and piano recording. But there is nothing simple about it. Robin Harper recorded with Marvin Goldstein, Simply Christmas a beautiful collection of her favorite Christmas music. Robin has performed for many years. She has recorded albums of Christmas music with davElliott5 as well. But this is her first solo album.

Marvin Goldstein is a Pianist Extraordinaire. This album was made to just remember the simple beautiful sounds of the season with a jazzy twist. Buy our album to enjoy for year after year.

Disclosure: I received this CD for review. I received no compensation for my thoughts.


Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails