Friday, June 24, 2011

BUtterfield 8 in New York City

Butterfield 8 on Urbanspoon

BUtterfield 8 is a restaurant bar with an art deco design. We went on a Wednesday afternoon just when dinner began. Luckily, while we were there, there wasn’t a large after work crowd so it was quiet and the waitress attentive.

Although a little pricy we tried two of their signature drinks; my wife had the organic cucumber martini and I had the Rat Pack (vodka with lemonade and iced tea). My wife’s drink had much more flavor than mine. It was a very hot day when we went and I was very happy that the waitress continually filled our water glasses.

Now for an appetizer I ordered the grilled cheese square and my wife, the artichoke and spinach dip with nacho chips. Mine wasn’t really squares, but was one sandwich, breaded, grilled and diagonally. What made it tasty was the jalapeƱo and bacon that was part of the recipe. My wife filled up on the dip but couldn’t finish and brought the rest home.

For dinner I had the filet mignon sliders (three of them) with haystack potatoes (like potato sticks). My wife ordered the sesame crusted tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes. Both were appetizing. Lastly, I ordered the Cookie Smash for dessert. Chocolate chip cookies baked in a small frying pan, topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. Fattening; to say the least.

While we were there, I think maybe one other couple came in for dinner, although there were about a dozen people at the bar. I am guess they emphasize the bar and not the restaurant part so much. Overall, we enjoyed the dinner (thank goodness we walked it off afterwards), the service was very good, but the cost makes it prohibitive for a regular Joe like me.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails