Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pub 199, Mt. Arlington, NJ

Pub 199 on Urbanspoon
Our neighbors invited us out with their friends last weekend to Pub 199; a local restaurant that I hadn’t experienced. He told me that it was cash only and they made the best clams and crab legs around. It seems that they own their own clam beds.

When we got there it was packed, and we had to wait a half hour for a table. They don’t take reservation and they don’t take credit cards, so that says a lot for their food.

When we sat down, I checked the menu and although it stated they didn’t take credit cards, it also stated that there was a one drink minimum per person and that nothing was free including the condiments. Again, I have to stress the place was packed so they must be doing something right!

But guess what I am not a seafood person and the other six ordered their clams and the crab legs and I ordered veal. It was good. My wife finally broke down and ate some clams (especially when she found out it was zero points on the Weight Watchers system). A few more beer sin me and I might have tried them.

What I really liked about the place were all the animals on the walls. I felt like I was in a museum. Not that the owner was a hunter. I was told he bought most of them. Looking up from our table, I saw this elephant head!

Interesting place, I guess I will have to tray the clams and crab legs next time to find out what the fuss is all about.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails